Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm a big fan...



I really love old fans. Found this little beauty, a 1950's Electric Blue Coronado 12" fan, at the Mile High Flea Market in Denver, CO. It is solid. It's shape is artful. The paint is perfect. The sound, hypnotic. The shape of the painted cast iron base reminds me of the front end of a classic car. This baby, however, is NOT baby-friendly or pet-friendly for that matter. The metal blades whirl around at a blurring speed. With the open cage and the sharp blades...well, you get the picture.

Spent a week this summer traveling around Colorado with a friend. We called it the Thelma and Louise tour. We actually made it all the way across Colorado and into Utah. Had an amazing time with a great friend and found some really cool junk. Perfect vacation. I can't help but imagine how wonderful it would be to travel around the U.S. buying and selling my wares. All part of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment