Sunday, September 1, 2013

The inside story...

Really excited and ready to start revamping the bus. The weather, however, is not being very cooperative. Several states in the Midwest, including Iowa, are being hit with, what our local news referred to as,  a "Heat Event". Heat advisories, 110 degree heat index and outrageous humidity, have made it nearly impossible to get much work done on the bus.

There were some lovely weeks of weather prior to the heat wave though - where I was able to open up the bus and give it it's initial cleaning.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post - the bus seats had been removed by her previous owner and in their place he had begun to install food service equipment and a toilet.

After tossing the garbage and wiping down the equipment - it almost seemed sad to me to tear out the installs. It really was very close to becoming a mobile BBQ concession. But tear them out I must. I took some photos of the equipment and will be listing the lot on craigslist. I have no idea of its value but I am hoping to get enough out of it all to at least get a solid color painted on the exterior of the bus.

A couple of assistants and a little elbow grease, had the inside shining like a new penny. A few of my favorite features so far are:  the beautiful control panel...so many switches, buttons and lights! Oh yeah...there's a strobe light on the top. The working wheelchair lift will come in very handy for loading and unloading the heavy stuff. Last but not least, the cute little bus driver, who insists that I will be driving her to school on the bus when she goes...in about 3 years :)

Phase two will be the removal of the restaurant equipment - this phase will commence as soon as it cools down a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment