Sunday, September 15, 2013

The whole world in his hands...

I have come across many wonderful little finds throughout my travels. I love putting things together in a new way. Repurposing.

Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what to do with something or how to use it in a new way. But when it happens, to me, it feels like magic.

When thrifting, picking or going to garage sales, certain things just catch my eye. Many of the items are vintage and remind me of my childhood. Some things are just unique and make me smile.

One item I cannot resist, is a black vintage globe. I have a few of them now. All, but this one, will become merchandise for the bus. I found the globe below a few years back. Recently I found the set of hands. They might have started out as a pair of bookends - but when you put the two things together...it's art. I love the scale. The way they fit together. The meaning the piece gives to me and I love the way the grouping looks sitting on my bookshelf.

So go forth! Find things that you love. Create art.



No comments:

Post a Comment