Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grandma Fern...

It has been a few weeks since I've posted. A little progress on the bus. With some help, the cooler and one of the cabinets have been removed and the rest of the stuff has been unbolted and is ready to move.

It has been a cold rainy day - so I decided to spend my time indoors, gathering, wrapping and boxing up stuff for the bus. A lot of the stuff, I have stored in my spare bedroom. A room that brings me much comfort. Comfort, because it has been decorated with things that I love. Things that used to belong to my Grandma. A bedroom set, that used to be in her spare bedroom. The one I spent many nights in. My grandmother spent the last 18 months of her life in At-Home Hospice Care. She and I had "date-night" every Friday. We would eat dinner, visit, watch T.V., then go to bed. I could see her bedroom from the spare room. Although I was there to keep an eye on her. I found that many times, it was she, that was keeping an eye on me. Checking on me to make sure I was warm enough, cool enough, worried that the ceiling fan was going to fall on me, comfortable. Words cannot express, how much I miss her.

While cleaning the spare room, I decided to take a picture of something I made. Something that is very precious to me. A shadow box that I made in honor of my Grandma. All of my life, I remember her wearing the most beautiful earrings. My favorites, were the flowers. One Friday night while I was there, she gave me her collection of clip-on earrings. I wasn't sure at the time, what I would do with them. But I was sure that they had become one of my most prized possessions.

I came up with a way to display them. I was glad that she got to see it when it was done. I will let the pictures tell the story of just one of the many things I loved about Fern.



2 comments:

  1. Kelley, it's beautiful!
    from Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY HEY! This blog needs an update! Tell us about the wonderful things that are going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete